This is a 3-hour class for employees, medical staff, contractors and volunteers that will provide training on:
- How to fulfill your responsibilities under PREA’s sexual abuse and sexual harassment prevention, detection, reporting, and response policies and procedures.
- An inmate’s right to be free from sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
- The right of inmates and employees to be free from retaliation for reporting sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
- The dynamics of sexual abuse and sexual harassment in confinement.
- The common reactions of sexual abuse and sexual harassment victims.
- How to detect and respond to signs of threatened and actual sexual abuse.
- How to avoid inappropriate relationships with inmates.
- How to communicate effectively and professionally with inmates, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, or gender nonconforming inmates.
- How to comply with relevant laws related to mandatory reporting of sexual abuse to outside authorities.
Each student will be provided with an “Employee Desk Reference” to assist them during class and after class when responding to PREA incidents. Students who attend the PREA Investigator training do not need to attend the Staff Training to be in compliance with the standards,
This class meets PREA standards 115.31, 115.32 and 115.35 for training.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.